Thursday, July 12, 2012

Road Trip!

I've traveled quite a bit in my lifetime. I love road trips.

"Bye Honey, Miss you already"
This is the first time I've ever driven across country by myself though. Notice the enormous antenna on top of Big Red? The hubby installed a CB Radio for my trip....just in case I needed help where there is no cell phone service. It's an attractive look, don't you think?
Breaker 1-9, Breaker 1-9, any smokey's up head? 10-4 Good Buddy!
Sorry, couldn't help myself...

As I drove, and drove, and drove...I thought about all my travels, especially my childhood vacations in the family roadster. 
"holiday road... oOOoooooo"

The southwest is filled with these nostalgic billboards. Everyone I saw made we want to take that exit and check out what was inside. If not for such long days of driving, and scorching heat, I might've stopped at quite a few.

Please note, I do not recommend taking pictures while driving on the interstate at a high rate of speed as I did.

After 3 LONG days of driving, I reached my 1st destination. Tennessee! I could not drive across country without stopping and seeing my favorite daughter who is 6 months pregnant with my very first grandbaby, now could I?

My daughter and future-son-in-law
 
 my two adorable grand doggies.

It was a very short but wonderful visit. We had lots of girl time. We went shopping, dined out, stayed up late every night talking, and I even got to feel my grand baby moving around in her Mama's belly! She is quite the active baby already. The visit was much too short, but I'll be returning in October when my beautiful granddaughter Katie Faye arrives into this world.
My daughter and I saying goodbye.


1 comment:

  1. That is so nice that you got to feel the baby kicking! You are going to be such a wonderful grandma!! Have a great trip!

    xoxo
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete